The club racing calendar comprises four trophy series:
- Windward – Leeward Series (ten races). A handicap series usually conducted on the third Saturday of the month, from August to May.
- River Passage Series (ten races). A handicap series usually conducted on the first Saturday of the month, from August to May.
- Sprint Series (three short races). A handicap series conducted on the third Saturday on November.
- Offshore Series (four races over two weekends). A handicap series featuring races to Sydney Harbour and return held in October and March.
Points from the Windward-Leeward and River Passage Series are combined to decide the winner of the Combined Seasons Points Score. The Frank Braybrooks Memorial Trophy is awarded to the winner on PHS handicap.
Trophies are also awarded for two half season combined pointscore series:
- Spring Series (Combined Points Score for Windward Leeward and River Passage Races held before December 31)
- Autumn Series (Combined Points Score for Windward Leeward and River Passage Races held after Jan 1)
As well as these series, there are two trophy races:
- Crew’s Race
- Three Island Race
The club also participates in the four race Broken Bay Inter Club (BBIC) Series along with boats from Gosford Sailing Club, Royal Motor Yacht Club and Avalon Sailing Club. The BBIC is conducted between November and February.
Three Island Race
This race is the highlight of the HRYC Racing Calendar and involves a course around Lion, Scotland and Dangar Islands.
After Race Celebrations
There is usually a get together after each race, usually at the Angler’s Rest Hotel, where results are announced and prizes awarded. Occasionally in summer, this may be replaced by a BBQ in McKell Park near the public baths east of the Marina